Mobile Telecommunications Masts Aeronautical Advice
for Service Stream Mobile Communications (formerly Total Communication Infrastructure)
REHBEIN Airport Consulting has provided specialist aviation advice to mobile telecommunication providers in relation to the impact of communication masts on aviation. Since 2010 we have been involved in over 17 such projects and our services include:
- Identifying locations within a specific area, including considering the potential for obstacle shielding, based on client coverage requirements that will have the least impact on aviation and potential objection from local stakeholders;
- Assessing the impact masts will have on the safety of aircraft operations and aviation safety including but not limited to Obstacle Limitation Surfaces (OLS), PANS-OPS protection surfaces, air routes, low level operations, level of risk and public safety;
- Consultation with local stakeholders, airport operators, the Civil Aviation Safety Authority, Airservices Australia, and other government regulators as required;
- Identifying and providing advice for the implementation of suitable mitigation measures if required; and
- Formal reporting to accompany a Development Application which addresses airport operator or other approving body concerns.
Past experience has shown that our involvement in the planning process for communication masts has signicantly reduced cost and delay to our clients and enhanced outcomes for airport operators by minimising inappropriate Development Applications.