Moorabbin Airport Preliminary Draft Master Plan 2015
for Moorabbin Airport Corporation
REHBEIN Airport Consulting was engaged by Moorabbin Airport Corporation to provide aviation inputs to the Moorabbin Airport Master Plan 2015. Our scope included the following components, which have currently been completed to the preliminary draft Master Plan stage, ready for the statutory public consultation period.
• Airport Activity and Growth Forecasts based on the airport operators stated business growth aspirations and expected success in driving aviation activity at Moorabbin;
• Airfield Capacity and Future Needs Study to confirm appropriate long-term planning assumptions, and identify future runway and taxiway system requirements, and aircraft parking areas. This study also included detailed assessment of options and identication of the preferred location for relocation of the Northern Helipad to serve a mixed rotary and fixed wing precinct together with concept layouts for a dedicated helicopter operations precinct adjacent to the existing Southern Helipad;
• Aviation Support Services and Facilities Study to determine requirements for ancillary infrastructure and facilities to support growth aspirations;
• Airport Aircraft Operations, Flight Tracks, Noise Strategy and Management Plan, incorporating the preparation of a new Australian Noise Exposure Forecast (ANEF) together with N-above contours for the ultimate capacity of the airport; and
• Identication of obstacle limitation surfaces (OLS) and PANS-OPS surfaces requiring protection from obstacle intrusion, for designation as the future Prescribed Airspace for the airport.